Contest is not currently running. The next Fit from the Sidelines’ 30 Day Challenge will be Fall 2017.
Use a step counter and get started! If you don’t have one, you can download one for free on your phone. We’ll send you an email each week asking you to submit your steps.
Follow AYSO on Facebook to see if your Region is in the Top 5 or click here to see the full Region rankings. We’ll post an updated count each week. One participant from the Region with the most steps will be randomly selected as the Grand Prize Winner!
Sign up for our next 30 Day Step Challenge soon! You could win a Fitness Prize Pack worth over $200! Four runner-ups will also win a fitness tracker worth $50.
AYSO FIT FROM THE SIDELINES – 30 DAY STEP CHALLENGE CONTEST
NO PURCHASE OR PAYMENT OF ANY KIND IS NECESSARY TO ENTER OR WIN. A PURCHASE WILL NOT IMPROVE YOUR CHANCES OF WINNING.
- SPONSORS: This promotion (the “Contest”) is sponsored by the American Youth Soccer Organization (“AYSO”), 19750 S. Vermont Ave. Suite 200 Torrance, CA 90502 (“Sponsor”), subject to the following terms and conditions. This promotion is in no way sponsored, endorsed or administered by, or associated with Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, or any other social media company.
- ELIGIBILITY: The Contest is open to legal residents of the United States, and other U.S. territories excluding Puerto Rico. Void where prohibited by law. Entrants must be at least 18 years of age at time of entry and possess a valid form of identification. Invalid or ineligible entries shall be excluded from consideration. Employees of Sponsor, their respective parents, subsidiaries, affiliated companies, and agents, and foregoing employees’ household or immediate family members (defined as parent, spouse, child, sibling, or grandparent) are NOT eligible to enter the Contest. By their submission of entry, participants warrant they are legally entitled and authorized to make such submission, either on their own behalf, or as to information submitted upon the express authorization of another on whose behalf the information is submitted. In the event of a dispute as to the winner’s identity, entries will be deemed made by the holder of the email account associated with the entry.
- HOW TO ENTER: Visit fitfromthesidelines.org to sign up. Click on the Contest page and follow the entry instructions on the application. Entrants will be required to fill out and submit the entry form provided. Upon filling out all required form fields, you will be entered into the contest. During the Entry Period (10/3/16-11/2/16), as part of the entry, entrants will be sent a weekly email prompting them to submit their steps. Steps will be tallied according to Region. One participant from the Region with the most steps will be selected at random to win the Grand Prize. Only one (1) entry per person.
- TIMING: The Contest begins at 7:01 a.m. PST on October 3, 2016 and continues until 11:59 p.m. PST on November 2, 2016 (“Entry Period”).
- PRIZES AND ODDS: The first (100) contestants to sign up will receive a Prize Pack, contents to be determined by Sponsor. Contestants must submit their steps each week to receive the Prize Pack.
The Grand Prize Winner will receive a fitness Prize Pack, contents to be determined by Sponsor. Approximate retail value: US $200
Four (4) runner ups will receive a fitness tracker. Approximate retail value: US $50
Odds of winning will be determined by the number of Eligible Entries received. Prizes are nontransferable and must be accepted as awarded. Winner will be responsible for all taxes (federal, state, and local) and all expenses not listed herein related to acceptance and use of any prize. Prize will be awarded if properly claimed. Consult your tax advisor to determine what taxes are due on these prizes.
- SELECTION OF WINNER: One (1) winner will be selected at random from the Region that recorded the highest amount of steps during the duration of the Contest. Four (4) runner ups will be selected among all participating Regions. Entrants must respond and submit your steps for all four (4) weeks in order to be eligible for prizing. Winners will be selected at the sole discretion of the Sponsor. Winning is contingent upon compliance with all terms and conditions set forth in these Official Rules; any entry drawn or any potential winner identified thereby found at any time to fail to comply with these Official Rules will be held invalid and ineligible for award.
- NOTIFICATION; RESPONSE REQUIREMENTS: WINNER: The winner will be notified by phone, U.S. mail and/or email within 5 business days determination of the winner. Within 2 business days of notification, winner must respond to Sponsor. Within 5 business days of notification, winner must complete, execute and return to Sponsor any tax form, affidavit, waiver, release, indemnity agreement, and/or any additional documents required by Sponsor in Sponsor’s sole discretion. Failure to comply with the requirements of this paragraph (or the return of any prize or prize notification as non-deliverable) may result in disqualification and in the forfeiture of any right to a prize, in which case prize will be awarded to next highest vote recipient or, in the case of a tie, the next winner selected by AYSO. Identification of the winner will be available for six months after award of prizes by sending a self addressed envelope with sufficient prepaid postage to:
Attn: Marketing Services
19750 S. Vermont Ave. Suite 200
Torrance, CA 90502
- RELEASE: By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, a participant/winner agrees to defend, release, indemnify, and hold harmless the Sponsor (AYSO), Facebook, Twitter, Instagram, subsidiaries, affiliates, divisions, advertising and promotion agencies of each of the foregoing, and the foregoing companies’ officers, directors, shareholders, employees, representatives and agents, and (collectively “Releasees”) from and against any actions, claims and/or liability for injury, loss or damage of any kind (including the violation or infringement of any proprietary or personal right of any individual or entity) resulting in whole or in part, directly or indirectly, from participation in the Contest, and/or the use, acceptance, or possession of a Contest prize, and/or participation in a Contest prize-related activity, including any action, claim or liability arising from the unauthorized submission of any information.
By participating in the Contest and/or accepting a prize, each participant/winner consents to and gives the Sponsor the right to use, publish, and display such person’s name, city and state, and photo submitted, and, if applicable, prize awarded, for advertising, trade, publicity and/or promotional purposes, in any media now known or hereafter discovered, including the Web, worldwide, without review, notification or approval, all without additional consideration, unless prohibited by law.
- Representations and Warranties/Indemnification: Each individual that enters this Contest represents and warrants as follows: (i) the Submission is original; (ii) the Submission does not and will not violate or infringe upon the intellectual property rights or other rights of any other person or entity; (iii) the Submission does not and will not violate any applicable laws, and is not and will not be defamatory or libelous and (iv) the Submission complies with all policies, terms and conditions of Facebook, Twitter, and/or Instagram. Sponsor reserves the right, in Sponsor’s sole discretion, to disqualify a Submission or allow a Submission to remain in the Contest. Each entrant hereby agrees to indemnify and hold the Releasees harmless from and against any and all third party claims, actions or proceedings of any kind and from any and all damages, liabilities, costs and expenses relating to or arising out of any breach or alleged breach of any of the warranties, representations or agreements of entrant hereunder.
- CONDITIONS: Each individual that enters this Contest agrees that, by participating, he or she releases the Releasees from any liability in connection with: a) entries that are ineligible as a result of being lost, late, illegible, damaged, incomplete, stolen, postage due, or misdirected; b) any typographical or other human or technical errors in the offer or administration of the Contest, including but not limited to errors in advertising, these official rules, the selection and announcement of a winner, or the distribution/awarding of the prizes; c) any omission, interruption, deletion, defect, delay, misdirection, damage, injury, technical malfunctions or traffic congestion on the Internet/telephone network, or at any website, or any combination thereof.
Sponsor reserve the right to modify these rules for clarification purposes without materially affecting the terms and conditions of the Contest. In the event that the Contest is infected by a computer virus/worm, or is not capable of running or being executed as planned (as a result of but not limited to an error, omission, defect, delay, misdirection, tampering, unauthorized intervention, fraud, action of entrants, or technical failure) or any other cause which in the sole opinion of Sponsor corrupts or affects the administration, security, fairness, integrity, or proper conduct of the Contest, Sponsor reserve the right in their sole discretion to disqualify any suspect entry or entrant and to cancel, terminate, modify or suspend the Contest. In the event of such cancellation, termination, modification or suspension, notice thereof will be posted at the entry website(s) mentioned above, and winner will be determined solely by Sponsor in a random drawing from among all eligible non-suspect and/or non-disqualified entries. In such event, Releasees shall have no liability to any participant who is disqualified due to such an action. Failure to enforce any term of these official rules shall not constitute a waiver of that provision.
- LAW: Subject to all federal, state, and local laws and regulations. Void where prohibited or restricted. All issues and questions concerning the construction, validity, interpretation, and enforceability of these Official Rules, or the rights and obligations of entrants or Sponsor in connection with any drawing or award, shall be governed by, and construed in accordance with the laws of, the State of California, without regard to conflict of law principles. Any cause of action with respect to the offer (and/or any information, products or services related thereto) must be instituted within one (1) year after the cause of action arose or be forever waived and barred. All actions shall be subject to the limitations set forth in above. The language in these official rules shall be interpreted as in accordance with its fair meaning and not strictly for or against either party. All legal proceedings arising out of or in connection with the offer of these official rules shall be brought solely in Los Angeles County, California. Each entrant expressly submits to the exclusive jurisdiction of said courts and consents to extraterritorial service of process.